Getting Started with Loocam for Mac
Loocam for Mac brings the Loocam App to your desktop offering similar functionality and accessibility. This article will teach you how to log in to Loocam for Mac, as well as teach you how to view your cameras.
1. Once you have installed Loocam for Mac to the directory of your choice, open the Loocam App by double clicking on the icon on your desktop.
2. When Loocam for Mac opens, enter your Loocam account name and password. These will be the same credentials you use to access the Loocam App for iOS and Android.
If you don't have a Loocam Account, select the register option and complete the fields.
3. From Loocam for Mac's main menu, select one of the following options:
- Live Play - View your surveillance cameras
- Device Manager - Add, modify and remove your Loocam devices
- Remote Playback - Playback recorded files from your DVR
- User Management - Modify your password information
- System Configuration - Modify settings of LooCloud
Select an item by left-clicking from the main menu.
Return to the main menu by:
i. Left-clicking "Control Panel"
ii. Closing the active menu item, by left-clicking the "X" icon of the open tab
View your connected Loocam devices by:
i. Double-click the registered device to display all available cameras
ii. Single-click your Loocam device to display each available camera. Double-click the camera you wish to view live.
Add a new Loocam device to your Loocam account by one of three methods ("Search Local Devices" is suggested):
i. Search Local Devices
Select "Search Local Devices" then select "Search Devices" to scan your Local Area Network for connected Loocam devices (for example your Loocam DVR connected to your home or business' router).
Select your Loocam device from the list of available devices.
After you have selected your Loocam device, left-click "Add Device."
ii. Add P2P Device
To add your Loocam device "Add P2P Device" note your Loocam device's UID/Device ID number from it's System Information menu.
Register "Device Name" and "UMID" ("Password" only if you have changed the DVR's password).
iii. Add IP Device
To add your Loocam device via "Add IP Device" note your Loocam device's IP address from it's Network Menu.
Register "Device Name" and "IP Address" ("Password" only if you have changed the DVR's password).