Before Installing your Loocam System
- It is recommended that this device is connected to a surge protector in an effort to prevent electrical damage caused by power surges.
- This device is designed for continuous 24/7 operation. It is recommended that you plug this device into an uninterruptible power supply. An uninterruptible power supply contains an internal battery that will keep the device running in the event of a power outage. If you are unsure whether or not you have an uninterruptible power supply please consult an electrician.
- Plan where you are going to install the cameras before starting the installation process.
- Only use Loocam recommended accessories.
- Try to install your cameras between 8 ft (2.4m) and 15ft (4.5m) above the area you are monitoring. A higher viewing angle will increase the amount of area you can monitor, and will prevent opportunities for tampering.
- On some televisions or monitors, the "Overscan" function may prevent the whole image from appearing on your screen. Please disable this function in your television or monitor's menu screen. You may need to contact the manufacturer for more details.
- Place your cameras in a visible area to let people know your property is being monitored. This can also act as a deterrent for criminals.
- While our camera lens does it’s best to reduce glare it can’t prevent it completely. Try to ensure that your camera is not pointed at a direct light source.
- Standard Loocam cameras are packaged with 60ft (18m) of cable. If you require more length you can purchase 60ft or 120ft extensions
Please reference the Quick Start Guide packaged with your LooCam DVR during the installation